- Porting the site to the HTTPS protocol
- Linking the site to SSL\TLS
- Set up 301 redirect to HTTPS
- Change all links on the site
- Remove errors in the website console
- Full support for the site in the future
- Get offer and price ↓
|Price reference||from 2000 UAH||from 4000 UAH|
| Hosting ||ukraine.com.ua||others|
| Connecting the certificate |
| Redirect to HTTPS |
| Changing HTTPS references |
Fill out the form — get the exact price.:
Website development portfolio:
Examples sites on HTTPS :
Calculate the cost of transfer
Leave a request our manager will contact you shortly.
Talk about SSL/TLS and HTTPS - how to install a security certificate
Before we get into a serious conversation about installing security certificates, let's define the basic concepts and terms. Typically, they are encoded in abbreviations. So, the short dictionary that we will need in this article is as follows:
- SSL - let's define the decoding and designation. This abbreviation can be referred to as Secure Sockets Layer. It is a form of digital security implementation. The main feature is the ability to code the relationship between the browser and an electronic resource. To date, this method is outdated and has been replaced by a more innovative TLS.
- If we talk about TLS (or - Transport Layer Security), I should say that this type of security helps to maintain the confidentiality of information like the previous one. However, it is now used more often than not, in principle it has replaced SSL, and it should be used both as a term and as a technology.
- HTTPS - this is the concept we will discuss in detail. It is an absolutely secure extension for HTTP, which can be deciphered as HyperText Transfer Protocol.
Define the difference and similarity between the two concepts
HTTP can be defined as the information transfer protocol used on the Internet. Today, it is most commonly used to retrieve data from web resources. This application protocol works on the principle of a simple technology called "client-server".
When the client that requests is running, it initiates the connection, while the server (that accepts the request) executes it and gives the result.
Whatever concerns HTTPS, this abbreviation is translated as HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure. It is the extension protocol we talked about earlier. It differs from the others in that it is encrypted using SSL, as well as an important extension such as TLS.
This extension is used when it is necessary to ensure the security of information transfer. Most often where it is important to protect personal information. This can be any personal data, credit cards, etc.
In particular, it can be used to secure many online transactions and protect people from online scams, money theft, and fraudulent schemes.
To implement the work of this extension you need to write SSL. It is important to consider the fact that these systems may be designed to provide protection for a single domain or several.
Coding works on the client side, and necessarily on the server side. Essentially, it's easy and straightforward to provide your web service and your users with complete security.
The main differences between HTTP and HTTPS
Let's briefly talk about the differences between HTTP and HTTPS.
- HTTPS is not a special, separate protocol for transmitting information. It is simply an extension of the HTTP protocol, which provides for the addition of an encryption.
- HTTPS uses port number 443, while HTTP is always tied to port 80.
- Note that information that is transmitted over HTTP is not secured, while HTTPS encrypts the data securely.
One word for HTTPS is a convenient extension, and it is also secure. Many web resources, if they configure and install SSL/TLS certificates, use HTTPS to make sure that their connection to the server is secure.
Let's give some interesting and significant facts on the subject of the article:
- Task when using SSL/TLS is to make a secure and completely secure connection in order to be able to transmit important and confidential personal data, company data and so on.
- Many network-related professionals understand that SSL/TLS is often used by web-based master programmers to provide a secure opportunity for correspondence, transactions.
- It is visual, having opened a site, you will define, whether such protecting protocols are used - in a line of the address there will be an image of the lock.
- Incontrary to the usual text transmission, extensions provide a reliable barrier to fraudsters and scammers on the network. They limit tracking and make it virtually impossible to steal information.
In this article we will present the most relevant information for users on the specified subject. In general, you can find out:
- What does SSL/TLS work?
- When can you do without SSL/TLS?
- How do certificates interact with SEO?
- What do SSL/TLS and HTTPS have in common and what is the relationship?
- How do I know if Chrome works with SSL/TLS?
- Practical tips for adding SSL/TLS.
- SLI/TLS implementation capabilities in the WordPress resource?
So let's go over each question in detail.
What does SSL/TLS certificate work like?
SSL/TLS certificates function with the help of digital bindings of the cryptographic key to the data to be protected. This is how information is transferred, so that decryption by other users is impossible.
When a visitor enters a secure SSL address in a browser, he or she is taken to a secure page and a secure connection is provided by the server.
In SSL/TLS there are two keys, one of which is public, the other is private, plus a separate key for the original individual session.
While, for the first time, you will login to the site and connect, the encrypted keys, and those that share access, will be used to create the session key, i.e. the original secure connection, which is supposed to be used to encrypt the information and then decrypt it.
In this case, it will work for a limited time, it will only work during a single session on a secure network.
When you're on the site, it's worth paying attention to the small icon of the castle in the address bar - if there is one, the site uses SSL.
With this simple image of the program you can also operate with SSL settings. Detailed information about the certificate holder can be seen by clicking on the lock.
In what cases can't you do without a security certificate?
Only, you create a website that necessarily conveys personal information (passwords, personal data, funds transfers). In this case SSL/TLS is obligatory for application.
Task of implementing such a certificate on the site is to get a 100% assurance that only a single user will be able to get access to the classified information that is transmitted.
With how many servers and devices you will have to overcome your personal information, data protection is a critical issue.
Professionals highlight a number of possibilities for applying these security certificates to websites and services:
- In order to inspire trust in users - when owning and using the sites where payment for services or goods is made, the implementation of these certificates will ensure that the service has a good customer attitude.
- To provide an easy way to gain customer confidence in the integrity of the site.
- When you need authentication - SSL/TLS certificates allow you to easily provide confirmation of the identity of the server. This way, customers or your contacts and more will know exactly who they are dealing with.
- When you need to comply with industry standards - using such protective systems is the best option. This is true for financial industries, where strict levels of security are vital.
- Payment cards - there are specially developed rules (PCI), according to which the application of security with SSL/TLS - mandatory. This is the only way you can guarantee a secure transfer of personal data and funds.
All in all, SSL is the universal protection and security of data around the world. It can be used on most electronic devices. It should be said that the benefits of using an SSL certificate are enormous.
Essentially, SSL/TLS has more value than any financial cost or time spent. Isn't there nothing more valuable than complete security?
How do certificates interact with SEO?
Note that the impact of SSL/TLS on the CEO is clear. Thanks to Google's decision to amend the algorithms of work, in the distant 14th year of this century. Then the priority directions of services using SSL.
certificates in their activities were defined
The performance of a search engine usually depends heavily on the peculiarities of the technological data of SSL-certificates of your electronic resource. We advise you to set up your SSL system to increase the trust of visitors.
All in all, this certificate can be a great bonus and increase SEO.
Today Google has begun to pay even more attention to these issues. There was a statement from the company that "sites with SSL statistics will bypass sites without one".
This works this way - even if sites with protection are only 1% of all requests, 40% of which will be returned in the search engine to the home page, when using SSL.
This is a great opportunity for all CEO industry employees and website developers to think about implementing such protection.
It's a theory. In fact, the distribution of electronic service SSL is less affected by the creation and regular updating of content, a good profile, current topics and competent keywords used on the site.
While any CEO should not be offended by the negligence of SSL/TLS. They can be a great help in promoting the resource.
Any popular search engine to determine the location of the site, will use a variety of different indicators. One of them directly depends on the fact that users go from your web service, back to the page with search results.
In the situation described above, it is the presence of an SSL certificate that can play a key role and influence the choice of your site, among others.
There may be other parameters associated with site ranking that determine whether to use SSL.
What are HTTPS combined with SSL/TLS?
Two innovative methods of information security always work in symbiosis. When you write such a certificate on a website, the configuration is done with the active HTTPS.
Bear in mind that up to the URLs there will be either the HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) we wrote about in the introduction or HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol). Depending on the use of one or the other, the method of transmission is chosen.
Add to that, the fact that SSL/TLS is minimal in financial loss.
There is one way to know exactly if SSL is used on an electronic resource - just look carefully at the URL. The way is to make sure that HTTPS is SSL-enabled. You should find the available SSL offers.
How do you understand how Chrome works, if you have SSL/TLS?
With a variety of browsers, most of them will tell you if you have a secure connection and if SSL/TLS certificates are used. This applies to Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome. Users will immediately see this information.
In Chrome, this information is displayed in this way - in the address bar, a small green padlock sign and the Safe inscription will be displayed. Anyone can also view detailed security information by simply clicking on it.
And that's not all - since 2018, with the introduction of Chrome 68, all web resources that don't use SSL/TLS certificates are marked and alerted.
As the information that is displayed in browsers about site security is important to users in the first place, the owners are advised to use such a great hint and ensure the protection of their resource.
Anyone using Chrome will be able to immediately see that your site is protected from scammers, and therefore, it is also protected, which will add popularity to the resource.
Practical tips for implementing SSL/TLS.
When ordering the development of your company's website, if you want to add protective certificates there, allocate a separate expense item.
Think about it - write SSL/TLS certificates correctly into the electronic resource under the power of specialists only.
First off, you need to enable SSH-access before prescribing an ASTME.
The first step is the best way to organize the creation of your SSL/TLS. Installation of this certificate is done through a web host, through the administration function.
If you want to create a certificate manually, we can offer a complete guide that describes the entire algorithm of actions.
There is an option to involve a commercial developer and installer of these protective systems. We will always be glad to help you with this. To do this, just contact us.
Our services will be bundled with our annual hosting plan, and you'll see how relevant this is when you do business.
After you receive your personal certificate, you will be able to activate HTTPS for your site. It's easy to do even for a beginner to do this - you just need to enter your personal htaccess.
into the code
Let's describe how to start working with SSL/TLS in WordPress as easily as possible. Let's take a look at this question:
- Bear in mind that you will need to buy the certificate itself from the developer.
- Sam WorldPress gives users a set of plugins: the first one is SSL Insecure Content Fixer and the second one is Really Simple SSL.
- To take care at the final stage of the implementation of such security systems in the site of configuration, in order to ensure that protection works most productively.
- To make it easier for you to navigate, we offer a simple workflow. So, go to>General Settings.
- After the previous step, go to Site Address (URL) as well as WordPress Address (URL).
- Exchange from HTTP to HTTPS.
- After following all the procedures, thoroughly test your electronic resource yourself.
I guess that's it. Easy enough and simple enough.
Well, after you and I have figured out how to use a certificate as great as SSL, we have also figured out the details of its use, and we have defined the halo of use. To sum up:
- Secure Sockets Layer and Transport Layer Security working together can easily ensure the secure operation of your electronic resource.
- Encryption is made on all data and any information that is transmitted from the site or to the site.
- These events can stop scammers and unscrupulous people who like to hack into other people's sites.
- The use for CEO is undoubted. Introducing security systems will accurately bring additional users to your resource.
- These systems have a huge value, providing security, optimization in search engines.
- These protections are easy to set up and you'll be able to figure it out for yourself.
- Installation of SSL systems will definitely help you outperform your competitors.
It's a long time to talk about such a great thing as a security certificate, but it's better to try it out in practice. We will be happy to educate you, help you, do everything to make your electronic resource the best and most secure.
Cost of transferring the site to HTTPS — Price 2021
|The price of transferring the site to HTTPS||Price, UAH|
|Hosting ukraine.com.ua||from 1999 UAH|
|Other hosting||from 3999 UAH +SLL|
|Redirect 301 to HTTPS||from 1999 UAH|